Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ideas when you can't sleep---which is often!

So of course I couldn't sleep and no, it was not from caffeine in the pm!  Just had loads of things running in my head.  Looking around the room and thought why don't I rearrange the furniture?  Got a plan in mind then realized you have to de-crap the room first!  First took all of the shoes, clogs, slippers and sandals from beneath  the chair and found niches for them.  Then put all the pictures in frames from my tall dresser on the bed, so i could move it.  Took Mom's hats that had been decorating the old nursery lamp, dusted them off then plopped them on the Holy Family statue where they will adorn the heads of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.  Grandma Caroline's cedar chest also had to be de-crapped , moved it, then pulled and tugged the tall dresser into place where her chest was.  Looking great so far but realizing there is so much more to do so will tackle the drawers and try to part with the things that I keep on keeping for who knows what reason.  Best to take a huge garbage bag up there and just dump with a vengeance!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is our age that makes us wakeful and have things running through our brains when we should be sleeping. Happens to me a lot. I should probably stop trying to fight it and get up and do something like you did.

    ReplyDelete